Genesys Workspace integration for Salesforce
Today, companies expect their customer service solutions to integrate into their CRM systems without expensive customization work. They require seamless integration that gives their contact center full visibility into customer data contained in Salesforce, without extensive effort and cost. Yet, their own internal structure can make this difficult, since Genesys and Microsoft solutions are typically managed by two different teams and cost centers.
The Genesys Workspace Desktop Edition (WDE) Connector eliminates the extensive Salesforce work usually required to customize the connection between the CRM and contact center. Keeping as much of the customization as possible within the WDE Connector’s scripting module reduces the total cost of the integration and allows the business to maintain control in Genesys instead of in the CRM.
The WDE Connector makes CRM a service for the contact center, allowing the CRM to control the external toolbar and WDE to control Salesforce. With the WDE Connector, caller data from the CRM is attached to service and sales calls in real-time, so agents have the information they need to efficiently provide first call resolution.
As part of the Genesys Professional Services asset portfolio, the WDE Connector expands the footprint of Genesys Workspace, allowing it to interact with the Salesforce desktop and enhance agent productivity by providing screen pop, case transfer, and click-to-dial functionality.
The WDE Connector integrates Salesforce with WDE to allow customer relationship services to be leveraged in the multichannel contact center.
The agent is able to access the appropriate customer data in real-time via the caller’s attached data. Whether it is a service call or sales call, the customer data ensures prompt and efficient service.
Widgets can be devised to retrieve and present the information as required.
Outbound calls are initiated with the full support of customer relationship information.Features Benefits Features
- Multichannel ready
- Multiple Salesforce sessions allowed (only one is active)
- Keep Alive Protocol between WDE and the Salesforce session
- EventHandler processing (screen pop based on attached data, ANI)
- Command Processing from Salesforce: Make Call, Attach Data, Custom Commands
- Management of concurrent interactions inside Salesforce
- No lost of interaction during Salesforce restart
- Works with Genesys version 8 and above
Client-side integration architecture has the following advantages
- Scalability: no server process that requires load balancing
- Fault Tolerance: issues only impact one agent and not the entire contact center (server-side architecture is a single point of failure)
- Reliability: if Salesforce is down the agent is still able to work with WDE
- Bidirectional Control: WDE is a client application that can be controlled only with a client-side integration (server-side integration would require a server-to-client architecture that is impossible)
- Flexibility: the WDE Connector offers an extensible integration model (leverage the out-of-the-box WDE Plug-in model) allowing extensive customizations without impacting the Salesforce environment
- Ease of Deployment: installation requires no configuration on the client machine
Operating Systems: All the WDE-supported Operating Systems
Salesforce: classic and lightning.